Saturday, December 5, 2009

Racing season begins.

My 2009/10 racing season officially began today in Canmore, Alberta. So far I have only completed the qualifying rounds in a short Alberta Cup sprint. It's a great way to start the year without any pressure, despite having essentially the full elite men's field here. I didn't feel great qualifying. It was a rough start as the starter tried to call me back after I tripped the start wand and then said I was okay after I had pulled up. Nothing major but it did throw my focus off a bit. I feel I strided well up the only hill on the course and pushed strong over the top. On the finishing stretch my double pole let me down. I am not sure what isn't clicking but I will have to fix it. The elimination heats don't begin until 4 pm MT, which should make things quite chilly as a cold front moves in. I will leave direct from the race site to drive back to Silver Star and will update the race results once back at my place.

No comments:

Post a Comment