Friday, December 4, 2009

Pre Race Day - Canmore

The snow has been gently falling since I first went out the door this morning at 8am. Accumulation I would guess is in the 10 cm range.

I have never been in Canmore for snow and have become quite accustomed to the "bullet proof" man-made conditions that are the norm. This will make tomorrow's 1000m - mostly double pole - sprint course interesting. If the snow continues overnight as forecast the pole track may be quite soft taking some of the power away from those who will double pole the whole course on skate skis. I will make my decision race morning but I am leaning towards classic skis for the qualifiers.

A quick shot of the home of Chandra Crawford where I am staying for the races. Great to see snow on the trees!

Felt good skiing around today. A bit sore still from intervals on Wednesday. Off to the weight room tonight for a prerace plyometric session to get the body fired up for tomorrows sprint effort. Later I will get my skis prepped with glide wax and make race day decisions on the grip.

1 comment: