Sunday, December 23, 2012

Christmas

Kikkan and I just spent a great 6 days at my parents in Collingwood. Despite having no snow until Friday, she was able to get in some good training via bike, running shoes, and rollerskis. For the first time in my life I participated in a "spin" class at a local gym in Collingwood. If you are ever in Collingwood I recommend a stop at Tag Fitness. It's a $15 drop in but a great spot for a workout. I was skeptical about the spin class, but myself and the 7 other ladies present rocked out a great 75 min session. The entire class was scripted to a soundtrack of music with beats that matched the intensity as it ramped up and slowed down. I think I sweated off about 3 kgs, and won't sit on a bike seat comfortably for a week or so, but other than that I would do it again. We are now in the Toronto airport awaiting our flight back to Europe. This will be the final stop in North America until April. We will arrive in Munich Dec 24 at 10am local time and meet up with Andy Newell of the US ski team and then head 5 hours north in the team cargo van to Oberhof, Germany. Oberhof will host the first stop of the Tour de Ski starting Dec 29. It will begin 12 weeks of World Cup work for me. There are two single weekend breaks in their in late January and early Feb. This trip will include stops in Germany, Switzerland (twice), Italy (3 times), Czech Republic, France, Russia, Finland, Norway, and Sweden. I am looking forward to getting back onto the World Cup scene. With my 10 day dose of antibiotics almost complete I should be back in action for the WC lifestyle just in time for the first races. Pictures to come from this past week hanging with the family and friends, playing with big Jake (my parents 8 month old Golden), and opening some early Christmas gifts. Wishing a Merry Christmas to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment