Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Canmore

Next stop on the World Cup, Canmore, Alberta. A place I came many times to race myself , but I have to admit I am more than happy to just watch from the sidelines nowadays. It is such a beautiful location and the snow conditions are great. I am continuing to suffer from my attempt to take in all aspects of my World Cup experience. My cold has not improved at all and it is now limiting the experience so it is time to rest whenever possible. Quebec did the country proud whether they meant to or not with their World Cup stop. There was an estimated 50,000 people over the two day race series. The food was unreal. I highly recommend brunch at the Chateau Frontenac, and the walk through the old city. Three races on the schedule here in Canmore, with the first one beginning Thursday with mass start 10/15km classic races. Skate sprints again on Saturday and a skiathlon on Sunday.
Same computer. Different hotel with a view.

No comments:

Post a Comment