Sunday, January 16, 2011

Victory, sunshine, crash, autobahn!

Real quick update with more explanation and pictures to follow tomorrow...hopefully. Victory for Kikkan yesterday! She was strong through all the rounds. She has found her 6th gear, and it is deadly on the homestretch. To go along with the great result yesterday we had beautiful sunshine today and 6 C temps.

A bit warm for a ski race....especially since I won't see warm sunshine temps like that again in Alaska until late April. It was a welcome change from the drizzly rain.

Today was the team sprint in Liberec. The Aussies got out to a strong start with Mark Van Der Pluoeg, but unfortunately Callum crashed heavily on the first big downhill corner. He slid right off the course into the safety netting, but aside from a few bruises was okay but lost so much time getting untangled he did not finish.

Right after the race we packed everything up and were on the road by 4:30pm and arrived in Wernburg, Germany in time for dinner. Head coach Finn, is feeling under the weather so it was up to me to drive for the first time on the autobahn! Nothing quite like being able to go as fast as you want. For my Mom's sake I won't say how quickly we traveled....

Off to Lindberg, Germany to ski with and stay with my friend Thomas Friemuth and his family for one week. I have taken off my wax serviceman bib, and will put a race bib back on at the end of the coming week for the Dolomitten Lauf....60km classic here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment