Thursday, March 4, 2010

Back on the road again

After a crazy three weeks inside the bubble of the Olympic games I got back on the road Monday to start my drive up to Whitehorse. Right away the trip took on a much different feel from when I left Whitehorse just 3 months ago, and about 10,000km later. When I left Whitehorse in November my winter was yet to unfold and my racing season unknown. Now 3 months later I have arrived back in Whitehorse with the truck more full of gear than I left, a season full of ups and downs, a bruised/cracked rib as a reminder of the fun with the Aussie team, and a desire to burn off a month of neglect and try to rally some kind of racing shape for Cdn champs that start in just under two weeks.

I am house sitting for friends of the Lindsey family who I stayed with on my trip through earlier in the winter. It is a beautiful log cabin about 15 km south of town. I skied today right out of the truck after about 6.5 hours of driving. It was my first real ski since I banged up my rib exactly 7 days ago. I also managed to take my first real deep breath without causing some kind of spasm. Fortunately/unfortunately I can no longer blame my rib for my training laziness. It did feel great though to clean the system out with a good ski today. Looking forward to the final few weeks of the season.

No comments:

Post a Comment